Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Hot Salsa!

In my last post on Saturday I hinted that I had a new toy - well it was just a frame then and now it's a full bike. Shamelessly, I could not resist my bike obession building it up instead of studying. I put it together with parts I removed from my old buddy the Fisher 292. The new bike is a Salsa Dos Niner - a soft-tail design in which the rear end gives (flexes) about one inch to make the rides a little softer on my growing butt. I finished it, but too late in the day for a real test of my super-human biking abilities. So the next day while everyone else was watching the Supid Bowl I took it to Hellsgate State (Horse & Weed) Park for its maiden voyage.

It was so nice today (Monday) that I took it for another ride after school. My first impressions were nothing more than a big grin the whole time - that means it was really good. Salsa did a good job of putting together a super nice riding frame - thanks Salsa! My butt was especially pleased with the soft-tail suspension design. The real tests of this bike are yet to come - I did not plan on racing this year because of school, but that could change now.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Sweet ride. Thinking of getting one myself. What size is that one? Good luck.
jason

ERic said...

This frame is the 18" (medium). It is sooo much better than I ever thought it would be. E!