Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Hot Salsa!

In my last post on Saturday I hinted that I had a new toy - well it was just a frame then and now it's a full bike. Shamelessly, I could not resist my bike obession building it up instead of studying. I put it together with parts I removed from my old buddy the Fisher 292. The new bike is a Salsa Dos Niner - a soft-tail design in which the rear end gives (flexes) about one inch to make the rides a little softer on my growing butt. I finished it, but too late in the day for a real test of my super-human biking abilities. So the next day while everyone else was watching the Supid Bowl I took it to Hellsgate State (Horse & Weed) Park for its maiden voyage.

It was so nice today (Monday) that I took it for another ride after school. My first impressions were nothing more than a big grin the whole time - that means it was really good. Salsa did a good job of putting together a super nice riding frame - thanks Salsa! My butt was especially pleased with the soft-tail suspension design. The real tests of this bike are yet to come - I did not plan on racing this year because of school, but that could change now.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Sweet ride. Thinking of getting one myself. What size is that one? Good luck.
jason

Eric Kop-ski said...

This frame is the 18" (medium). It is sooo much better than I ever thought it would be. E!