Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Number 3 going for 4

Last week I put in another single-speed hundie+ on the SuperFly SS (a hundie is a 100-mile ride on a mountain bike - roadtoads call such a pedalling event a century).



This one made it 3-hundies this month on the single-speed. I'm not sure where I'm getting the energy to do these, but I hope it lasts until the end of the week (July 31st) when I do a 4th hundie in the Butte-100.



I'm a tad apprehensive about the Butte-100 since there is a claimed 18,000-ft of climbing plus most of the race is at an elevation above my highest elevation here. I've been really fretting gearing for such an event (of course I'm competing on a Single-Speed)...undergeared and you walk steep climbs, overgeared and you loose mega time on the flat stuff spinning. Since I've never done the course before or even ridden the area I have no idea what I'm in for. Plus information about the course is sketchy at best. Hmmm...this is a best guess and live with it racing plan.



No matter what, I plan on having fun riding this event!

No comments: