Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Tires?

Well it seems snow tires are still in season - at least where I'm riding...




But this little guy tells me that the end of the snow tires is near...


I've been seeing plenty of mountain blue birds up high - a sure sign the snow is leaving and spring flowers are near.

Until then I still have to deal with the snow in places I really want to go. Today I ended up "post-holing" (that means I was sinking (making post holes) up to my knees in the snow) for a mile or more while taking a "short-cut" back road. During this knee-deep trek I had one of those awe-inspirating ideas...I decided that some super-mini, ubber light weight snow shoes that I can strap onto my bike shoes would make for some quick treking through these spring time snowy places I am insanely driven to make it through. Hmmm...

No comments: