Thursday, November 08, 2012

Totally Nuts!!!

Trial-by-fire, racing-into-shape, self-torturous-fun, totally-nuts...call it what you want, but 5-cyclocross races in a 7-day period is a true test of one's idea of the so-called fun-factor in "racing" bikes, truly a test of your endurance. Which by the way I have none to speak of right now. In my 3rd race during the 1st weekend I was more like just riding along vs. racing. This was after having a rotten 1st race that day and an awesome 2nd race, until I got a flat that is (which never stopped me from having some fun heckling the hecklers and taking a beer handup to celebrate racing on a flat tire).




The 7-days later I was back at it doing 2-races in cold, rainy, wet, muddy conditions...perfect for cyclocross. I did well in my 1st race (2nd place), but had a major mechanical in my 2nd race (the mechanical was that my legs were toasted and not wanting to work anymore). So once again I settled for the fun factor of "racing" cyclocross. 








It was beyond awesome to do these races.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious how you are liking the retroshifter for CX? I'm strongly considering it. Also, have you tried racing you dirty disco? How is the ride? Awesome bikes, I'm envious.

Sean

Eric Kop-ski said...

Love the RetroShifters...looks weird, but it's incredibly functional for CX. You will see RetroShifters on more of my bikes in the near future. Haven't raced the On One officially, it seems that my boy has taken it over.
Eric

Eric Kop-ski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Kop-ski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.