Tuesday, January 08, 2008

This is My Domain

Yesterday started out gray and dreary...It's on days like this that I need to ride to bring my soul up out of the lowly "winter" blues, which are actually brought on by these dark cloudy days...hmmm a living paradox. According to climatology trends this area (Clarkston, WA/Lewiston, ID) averages 60 cloudy days out of 62 days in December and January...that's only 2-sunny days in 2-months...no wonder I (as well as many others in this area) get the winter blues so bad. Anyway, a ride always perks me up and makes me feel like SuperMan again...the hard part seems to be getting my fat butt out the door and onto the bike. I tried to rally my low desire to do anything by calling the SeanMan, but he was napping...something he probably deserves since he rides more than anyone else I know.

I eventually did get out at the end of the day only to be bathed in some golden sun while snow squalls loomed all around...to say the least it was one of the best days of riding I've had in some time. I rode my Ellsworth Truth 650B bike out to Hells Gate State Park and proceeded to rip up the trails with some big smiles and lots of speed...yeah I was feeling like SuperMan. Not another soul was out there, it was all mine, and I thought...This is my domain.

The ride on the Ellsworth set up with a 650B Pacenti Neo-Moto tire up front is still beyond belief. It's hard to phathom that this bike build may be one that I will actually keep for more than a year, but I love the ride this bike provides.

It was soooo good that I did not want to go home, but dark did come and...well...it got cold in a hurry.

3 comments:

The Seanman said...

Hey, don't you mean that a bike ride makes you feel like The Seanman instead of Superman?!

Eric Kop-ski said...

NoT on this day...the Seanman was, uhmmm...napping...which translates into slowish. But I guess sleeping is good to rejuvinate the super-powers.

Allison said...

Hi Eric,

I didn't know you had a blog. I'll be checking it out now! I'm ready for this snow to be gone. Until then, we'll be riding in the L/C valley on weekends, I guess.
Happy riding!