Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Milestones

This week passed 2-milestones: 1) It’s been 2-years since I survived a brain stem hemorrhage, 2) I turned 60. 


I still have a few (permanent) side effects from the hemorrhage but nothing that stops me from living a good life. 

And as far as my age… well I certainly don’t feel 60, but to be honest I had a lot of preconceived false ideas of how the age 60 should be and feel. 

I still prefer a single speed bike and mostly I opt for a rigid fork. I read about a lot of other people my age or less going the opposite way with age (more suspension and bigger gears or e-bike) which is fine…maybe I’ll trend that direction when I feel a need to (like when I’m almost 100).  A few years ago I was faced with the reality of a near death experience…I’m happy to be here and I’m still willing to work for every moment I have left (just be aware that most if not all of my “work” is my enjoyment of life here). 

My single speed e-bike…no suspension, no dropper post and powered only by me…



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your amazing brother ❤️