Sunday, February 05, 2017

Fatback Corvus the Orange Crush

It happened again... Another bike seems to have wandered into my bike shed. I keep telling myself that I have to stop doing this, but my addiction consumes my strongest super powers. Yeah I know I can't believe it either.

Amazingly this is my 4th (yes fourth) Fatback that I've owned. I've tried many other fat bikes, but all seemed to have inherent flaws in their geometry. And in comparison to the Fatback they quite frankly suck on snow (which is where I ride a fat bike).

The Fatback Corvus attracted me for several reasons, primarily I love the geometry for snow biking. Next it has rack mounts and the fork has mounts ready for pure adventure. Also the Corvus can take 29+ wheels which greatly appeal to me (coincidentally there is a new wheelset waiting to be built in my saintly bike lab).  I'm always looking for the do-everything bike and I believe that the Corvus will meet that challenge.

In the meantime I am looking at selling my Fatback Titanium. I'm reluctant to do that because I like it so much, but I do need to downsize my bike collection. I'm also looking at getting rid of my Trek Stache 7 (29+ bike) since the Corvus will take it's place too.

Get out and enjoy the winter, ride your bike

No comments: