Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cyclocross - Try It!!!

OK...It's been way too long since I've posted here, but I have the normal excuses. Like I've been busy with moving to a new home plus the normal busy maintenance items that go with a new home, plus getting in firewood for winter heat, plus getting in hay for the horses....you get the picture I hope. I will be posting some of my new home pics in the future (when I get time to download them that is). For now all I can say is that I live in an awesome spot with great views, coyotes howling at night, and clear starry nights.

Well bike training (riding) has been limited to my commute mostly, which by the way is now about 15-miles one-way with nearly 2000-feet of climbing to get home...WHOOOHOOO!!! I love the commute so far.

Beyond that cyclocross (CX) season has started and I'm racing into better shape by doing 2-4 CX races every weekend. I'm having to use these races as training since I have not had time for real training for the last several months.

If you have not participated in or attended a cyclocross race, then you are really missing out on some serious fun. I love these go-all-out-painful-mind-twisted-suffer-fests. I'm never sure why I like the pain these events can do to your muscles, but I sure feel good afterwards. That's it for now...need to sleep sometime, here are a few pics for your view pleasure:


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.