Monday, April 16, 2007

Restless

Every spring I get extremely restless...which makes me aggitated...which makes me rather untolerable to be around. I seem to have some ancestoral migration gene that pushes me to move to a new landscape in the spring....in the past I did just that, but moving has become a bit more complicated these days (moving is becoming way to expensive and it seems to be harder to dig out the roots). But this year I seem worse than ever so I've tried to subdue these feeling with some longer back-road rides around home...










Resistance is futile....

Over the last several weeks of riding I have come to realize that I must view some new distant lands in order to settle my stir-crazy feelings. During all my rides the winds seem to be carrying a very faint whisper that sound like knobby tires rolling on slick-rock, dirt, and sand. After several hundred miles of listening to this whisper I finally realized it was one musical word played over and over again....

....Moab...Moab...Moab...Moab...Moab...Moab...Moab...Moab...Moab......

1 comment:

monk3y mike said...

Get 'er done. My wife yells at me to go and ride as I don't get much time these days! Makes me bitchy to be around!