Friday, December 31, 2021

CHUMBA - Ice Biking the Year End

 On December 1st I was riding in shorts over paths growing green grass (the deer and elk were happy) and my flowers were still blooming at home.


But around here one thing is predictable: Snow will come...It did and has not stopped.



So the logical solution is snow tires, studs are even better considering the ice under the snow. I don't own a fat bike this year (only because the whole supply system is a little messed up and politicized on to top it all off) so there is no option other than my CHUMBA Stella. I've found it works quite well on the ice roads.


Today's temps are 60 degrees cooler than at the beginning of the month. Gone are the December flowers, green grass, budding trees...winter has arrived as expected. I hope that the new year will bring a little more "normal" back to this world, but I'm not counting on it considering the political situations worldwide. 







No comments: